Channel Sales Manager in Berlin
We are currently seeking candidate for the position of Channel Sales Executive in Europe, based in Germany.
The ideal Channel Sales Manager will have worked in the industry. The position will be field based and involve travel. As Channel Sales Manager you will manage all sales activities for Tintri channel partners, alliances and eco system partners in support of the company’s revenue goals and business objectives. This challenging and highly visible position requires an individual who brings the proven ability to drive incremental business with channel partner field sales while meeting aggressive revenue goals on a consistent basis by on-boarding net new partners and managing programs and campaigns to assist in building Tintri and partner pipeline. You must be extremely results driven, bring a strong understanding of the storage marketplace, customer focused, successful track record in growing a partner network and skilled in building technical and sales partner relationships. This position requires the ability to work collaboratively with both Tintri and partner personnel across functions including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Engineering and Customer Support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Partner Executives to help them build a vision and execute on a strategy that derives the maximum business benefit from offering our portfolio of solutions to their customers.
- Aggressively drive partners to create scale and leverage for our business through investing in Tintri sales best practices, training, and support.
- Act as the Tintri account executive interface for determined partner accounts and provide the account leadership to manage all aspects of a partnership life cycle; recruit, onboard, enable, activate, grow. Be the person who guides our respective businesses through the occasional difficult times, handling difficult conversations resulting in successful resolutions.
- Advise on trends in our industry, best practices among other partners, and opportunities for long term growth.
- Understand partners key goals and objectives and come to agreement on mutual goals that align theirs with Tintri KPIs
- Drive strategic opportunities that increase our total value to the partner including the revenues they derive from product sales, renewals, and pull through sales of other Be accountable for ensuring our partners are deriving maximum value from our partner program, products, solutions, services, and other company resources.
- Enable the partner to become autonomous/self-sufficient in offering and delivering our solutions.
- Work across the partner and Tintri organization to build business, enablement, and marketing plans to exceed agreed upon objectives.
- Establish channel partner revenue targets and participate with channel field sales on account planning sessions and prospect sales campaigns on a regular basis.
- Meet and exceed set sales quotas and new opportunity objectives with a focus on driving net new pipeline via aligned partner accounts.
- BSE or BA or equivalent preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years as an individual sales contributor or 5 years as a channel sales manager.
- Experience managing, recruiting, and leveraging partners within a geography to aggressively grow revenue and customer base.
- Knowledge of the technology industry, especially infrastructure and storage products.
- A pro-active, hands-on individual able to command respect of the partner community through thought-leadership, intelligence, hard work and presence.
- Action and results oriented, demonstrating a bias to action.
- Proven success as a sales representative and / or channel manager with a track record of exceeding sales quotas in multiple, contiguous years.
- Demonstrated experience in building, maintaining, and managing a channel eco-system leveraging the Tintri partner and Incentive program to expand partner base and drive incremental revenue.
- Previous channel experience and relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 channel partners within an Enterprise IT environment.
- Strong understanding of storage technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
- Understanding and aptitude to sell business relevance of storage technology solutions.
- Consistent history of exceeding quota while maintaining customer satisfaction and required product margins.
- Competitive, refuse-to-lose attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent team building and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communicative skills. Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work cross functionality with partners and end user accounts.
- Excellent personal reputation with partners and end user accounts.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced and highly competitive environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Fluency in English required.
IT Storage and Data Centers