Desktop Support Engineer in Munich
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER
Location :- Munich, Germany
Type :- Fixed term contract
Duration :- 6+ Months
Open positions :- 20
The Desktop Support Administrator role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Looking for: Minimum 4 years’ experience in End User Computing.
Desktop Support – Technical Skills – Complete understanding of Asset Management.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot, Windows 7, Windows 10, other OS and Microsoft Office 2013
- and any other authorized desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any
- other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers
- and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized
- peripheral equipment
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician an advantage
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Windows 7, Windows 10 experience
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2013Office 2010 support