SAP ABAP (Application Developer) in Newark, DE
Client provides technology support for general ledger, profitability; cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable/receivable,reference data, project accounting and fixed assets while offering plan andbuild support for reporting tools.
As an SAP ABAP Application Developer, he/she will be responsible for the design and development of complex solutions in SAPApplications (FI, SL, CO, PS, etc.).
The individual must have strong programmingexperience in ABAP. Knowledge of working with GL/AP/AR modules is preferred.
Skillsshould include:developing reports, enhancements, BDCs/ BAPIs and conversions.
The applicant should have extensive knowledgein the SAP Data Dictionary and data integration concepts of SAP FI/GL,AP/AR/Fixed Asset modules.
- Primary responsibility is to work on technical design and ABAP code based on the functional specifications and produce SAP Application solutions that fit end-user requirements.
- Participate in business requirement discussions with globally dispersed end-user organizations and provide inputs based on analysis.
- Work with the functional analysts to translate the business requirements into functional specifications to make the design efficient and thorough.
- Work with the project management team in project preparation activities including detailed project plans, schedules and estimates for objects ranging from simple to complex development.
- Active participation with regard to analysis, design, development, documentation, performance testing, and implementation of business solutions and other mission critical applications as necessary.
- Work with the business/functional analysts, development, and production support teams to provide design guidelines and impart knowledge on technical trends and solutions.
- He/ She should serve as SAP Subject Matter Expert to Business, Operations and Technology teams, and identify SAP software components that can be used to improve system usability and end-user experience.
- He/ She will provide support and guidance to the functional and business teams during the analysis, development, testing and productive operation of business processes.
- As an SAP ABAP Developer, he/she will ensure the proper functioning of all SAP ERP components he/she is responsible for.
- He/ She should communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Perform development assignments as defined to meet business objectives.
- Provide project support during testing cycles and deployment.
- Provide production support during any production issues which will need level 3 support.
- Should have complete knowledge and experience in PLC.
- New development, enhancement and defect resolution of the SAP system.
- Support QA and user acceptance testing
- Proactively identify and recommend technology and application improvement opportunities.
- Focus on large initiatives/projects that support long-term business operation strategies.
- Follow all change control procedures including build schedules and documentation of development changes.
- Follow all SOX compliance and risk control procedures.
- Should have good knowledge of BADIs and user exits.
- Expertise in Workflow and Web services components of SAP would be a bonus for hiring consideration.