Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a talented, customer-focused UX/UI Designer who is a big-thinker but yet detail-oriented, individual to drive the evolution of our core user experiences. This is an opportunity to use your design thinking skills to create elegant, intuitive user-first experiences that meet the evolving needs of our customers across multiple platforms. You also understand and recognise the importance of how data and analytics can inform design solutions.
A successful candidate will be able to explore and translate complex interactions into simple, engaging solutions and be able to communicate those solutions verbally as well as through sketches, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi mocks and functional prototypes. Candidates must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed and problem solve in a fast-paced, collaborative environment without supervision.
- Evaluate existing digital product for UX/UI solutions
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research
- Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories
- Create customer journey maps by combining user research and quantitative data
- Define UX requirements, create wireframes and prototypes of system functionality and workflows / create UI designs for web & mobile - functionality and aesthetics
- End to end project management and managing multiple, complex projects in parallel
- Conduct usability testing and execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering which includes basic front-end web development
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for rapid prototyping
- Contribute to and help create design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Translate high-level business requirements into tangible user interface proposals
- 1 -3 years relevant experience in UX/UI design solutions for digital products
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, computer science, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiar with Waterfall/ Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in some wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Axure, Sketch, Adobe CS, Figma, Framer, Balsamiq, Principle etc.) or designing tools (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) or other tools such as Ethnio, Loop 11, Morae and Excel.
- General understanding of information architecture skills, databases, schemas and tables.
- Basic understanding of SQL queries and experience in MySQL.
- Front-end web and mobile design experience (UI / UX specialized)
- Positive, high energy attitude for collaboration with the team
Nice to Have
- Proficiency in user research methodologies, human-centred design, design thinking (Certification with HFI, Norman Nielsen, or studies with HFE are a plus)
- Past experience in designing consumer-facing applications in multi-lingual or cross-cultural environments considered a plus
- Writes well and understands basic content strategy a plus
- Experience with React/Angular/JS-frontend libraries and frameworks a plus
- Agency/consultancy or client-facing experience is a plus